Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday Night Movie Night


I've been watching a lot of 60s films lately, and am totally loving the explosions of colour and ridiculous outfits. After my all black collection and all that grainy black and white cinema I watched I have been craving something a little less serious. Murderer's Row (1966) is basically a James Bond rip-off, but nowhere near as good. What makes it special though is the incredible outfits, and of course the incomparable Ann Margaret (who we should all know from Mad Men fame). I highly recommend this for anyone with an interest in 60s fashion, but not so much for fans of Bond - to be honest it felt more like the original Austin Powers at times! - Gaby 



2 comments:

harbourmaster said...

The costumes look fantastic! The graphic ones remind me of Thoroughly Modern Millie, with the 60s-does-20s style (which if you haven't seen yet you MUST)

Gaby - Hopeless Lingerie said...

No I haven't seen it but it is on my VERY long IMDB watchlist - nearing 700 strong hahah!