Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Night Movie Night


One of my favourite ways to procrastinate is to aimlessly wander around IMDB, clicking anything that seems interesting, in the hope of finding an old gem that I have never heard of. I do this a lot, and I still find so many cool things that my watch list has 600 titles and is growing daily. So many movies, not enough time! Anyway, one of those aimless wanders came up with this great little film 'Something Wild'. 

Of course the reason I wanted to see it was because it was made in 1986, and starred Jeff Daniels and Melanie Griffiths. Even if it was bad it was going to be kind of good, because you know - Jeff Daniels!

I was totally surprised though and this movie is actually very cute and entertaining. There is a scene where Jeff Daniels does a dance at a high school reunion, and it almost beats my favourite moments from Dumb and Dumber - it is just so damn cute. 

Melanie Griffith spends the first half of the film in a black wig and has that 1980s does the 1940s thing which I LOVE, and then goes via Africa for a bit too, so for her outfits alone it is worth a watch. Definitely recommend.  

Starring: Jeff Daniels, Melanie Griffith
Year: 1986
Director: Jonathan Demme
Genre: Comedy, crime
What it's about: Stealing, drinking, joyriding 
Awesome outfit rating: 10/10
Watch with: Girlfriends who are partial to cute 80s guys
Watch if you like: True Romance, Wild at Heart (it's kind of a much more light-hearted version of these films)
Gaby's Rating: 8.5/10

Gaby xoxo


2 comments:

AVY said...

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

Micaela // Drifter and the Gypsy said...

I've never seen or even HEARD of this movie before. Definitely going to check it out now!