Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Night Movie Night


A film that has been on my watch list for a long time, and I ended up watching 3 times this week. Visually Belle de Jour is absolutely stunning, I can't wait to do some more research into French cinema from this period. I did briefly study Godard at university, but I felt like I was really too young at the time to appreciate him. Given the subject matter of Belle de Jour there are of course some brilliant lingerie moments - but this film has so much more to it than just the visual. Highly recommended.  

Starring: Catherine Deneuve, Jean Sorel
Year: 1967
Director: Luis Bunuel
Genre: Drama
What it's about: A housewife who spends her afternoons as a prostitute, and whose fantasies and realities blur into one
Awesome outfit rating: 10/10
Quality Movie Rating: 10/10
Entertainment rating: 10/10

Gaby xoxo








 vin


4 comments:

KristiMcMurry said...

I really enjoyed this film as well. There were some truly beautiful moments!

Siboney2046 said...

I adore that film and, generally speaking, Catherine Deneuve's films!

Sushi said...

I really want to see this movie now, love the screenshots you've picked x Sushi

Ms George {Life at the Coop} said...

Hi, I found you through Pip Lincolne's link-up. Keen to see this movie now. Wondering why I haven't already seen it...