Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Top 5 - by Gaby


Cheating a little and posting a Top 5 by me this week. I have been on a Drew Barrymore marathon and had to share my Top 5 Drew movies. To be totally honest - this could almost just be 'Movies I Watched This Week' - but hey, thats okay! They were so awesome I had to share. 


1. The Wedding Singer
Not in any way ashamed to say this is my favourite movie of all time. I have seen it so many times I have lost count, and it is always my go to movie if I am in any way bummed out. 


2. Poison Ivy
A re-watch after many years, this film has major creep factor but Drew is awesome. Her outfits are so great - it makes me want to go out and buy cowboy boots and dye my hair blond again (already blessed/cursed with those 80s curls).


3. Doppelganger
This is a quality B-grade thriller, so, so, so much better than I expected. Drew is channeling some serious Brenda Walsh and the ending just comes out of nowhere. 


4. Firestarter
Very early Drew, very B-grade, and again, much more enjoyable than I expected. With a story by Stephen King it is hard to go wrong though. Also a notable early appearance by Heather Locklear, who is amazing. 


5. Ever After
I haven't actually seen this in years, but from what I remember, it swept me off my teenage feet. I don't usually like these kinds of movies, so am keen to watch it again and see how it holds up. 

Gaby xoxo

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh I love Poison Ivy, never seen Doppelgänger, that needs to be corrected! xx

Andi B. Goode said...

Ooh, I LOVE this post. Drew is a favourite. Ever After is such a gorgeous movie. Never Been Kissed would definitely be in my top 5 hahaha
-Andi x

Margarita Bloom said...

Gotta love Drew!!! Seen all of these..been awhile though...my favorite is Ever After...I'm a sucker for fairy tales!!! :)