Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Night Movie Night


The most beautiful horror film ever made - Suspiria. I was so excited to come across this film fairly recently, (well a year or two ago), I really don't know how it flew past my radar for so long. It is visually stunning, and if you are a horror fan or not - any vintage lover will be blown away by the design, colour, form, and use of light. 

Starring: Jessica Harper
Year: 1977
Director: Dario Argento
Genre: Horror
What it's about: Dancing, witches, murder
Awesome Outfit Rating: 10/10
Watch with: Someone you can snuggle up to
Watch if you like: Nightmare on Elm Street, Evil Dead, The Abominable Dr Phibes
Watch when: During a thunderstorm
Good Movie/Bad Movie/Good Bad Movie: Good Movie

Gaby xoxo














3 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

Yes yes yes yes yes!!! I ADORE this film. It is so visually stunning. As one of my friends said: even the BLOOD is beautiful.

I've heard they're remaking it - I try to keep an open mind about remakes (I figure I can always just not see them) but sometimes I have to wonder why you'd mess with something like this? I mean, just the score alone is perfect! I couldn't imagine anything would ever be better than Goblin's music combined with Argento's visuals. But I also read that Isabelle Huppert has joined the remake and I rather adore her. So I'm also intrigued!

Gaby - Hopeless Lingerie said...

Yes while doing some research about it I heard that too!
I always have mixed feelings about remakes, on one hand I get annoyed and on the other its like well, it's not like it is replacing the original, or like we can't see the original anymore, and more than likely the remake will fade away and be forgotten as time goes on.

And then one day well into the future we can look back at the remake and maybe see some value in it?! I feel this way about the remake of Psycho - I know everyone hates it but I can appreciate the effort and did enjoy watching it, perhaps because I was so removed from it when it was released?!

Andi B. Goode said...

That's an interesting point - reinterpretations aren't inherently invalid just because of how much we value the original. And I haven't seen the remake of Psycho but as a completist of my favourite directors (Gus Van Sant being one) I'm intrigued. Plus I read part of his intention was to see how it would work if one person remade such an iconic film shot for shot (though in colour) and basically to say that it would be completely different.