Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Night Movie Night


Another Steve Martin classic this week - something I watched HUNDREDS of times as a 10 year old - Father of the Bride. Nick has been away this week so my sister is keeping me company, and we have been going through some old favourites. I love this just as much as I did when I was a kid, and have a totally new level of appreciation for Martin Short as the wedding planner. There aren't too many really memorable fashion moments, but Annie's post wedding outfit is perfection. Anyway that isn't what this movie is about! Anyone else love this as much as I did in the early 90s?! 

Starring: Steve Martin, Diane Keaton, Martin Short
Year: 1991
Director: Charles Shyer
Genre: Family, Comedy
What it's about: A wedding
Awesome Outfit Rating: 6/10
Watch with: Someone who won't make fun of you for shedding a tear or two
Watch if you like: Curly Sue, Home Alone, Three Men and a Baby
Watch when: Reminiscing about your youth
Eat: Cake
Drink: Champagne
Good Movie/Bad Movie/Good Bad Movie: Good Movie



Gaby xoxo

4 comments:

Kailey said...

This is definitely one of my favorite movies ~of all time! I have watched this over and over again since I was a child, and each time it gets better! I adore the sequel too *_*

Gaby - Hopeless Lingerie said...

I actually haven't seen the sequel! I plan on watching it asap though!

Andi B. Goode said...

Oh, gosh, YES! I love this movie. I haven't seen it in so long. I love her high-heel sneakers.
-Andi x

Robin N. Fator said...

This is one of those timeless 90's movies where the interior/exterior decor of the house paired with the classic dressing of the era (think khakis and white button downs) makes for a heartbreakingly perfect film. Of course I love Steve Martin and you're right about Martin Short, his character is hilarious and a little before it's time. Something about the lighting and editing - like Pretty Woman- just make it all the more sentimental. Sigh...