Sunday, July 15, 2012

Art School



I found this amazing series earlier in the week and knew I had to share it in Art School. At first I was totally struck by the graphic contrast, the shape, the texture, I wasn't sure what I was looking it but I knew it was beautiful. Upon reading further I discovered I was actually looking at photographs of blood and milk. Ew! That just totally brings a whole new dimension and sickly feeling to this art work, and to be honest it makes me like it even more! It reminded me immediately of Rodarte 2008, inspired by Japanese horror, which has been a huge influence on my work and the idea of finding beauty in the grotesque. 

Gaby xoxo





4 comments:

harbourmaster said...

Ah! Whoa! Eerily beautiful. The top left/bottom right would make wonderful textile prints. That Rodarte collection is so good.

Have you seen the film 'House'/'Hausu'? Super awesome beauty/horror imagery, I think you'd like it!

Gaby - Hopeless Lingerie said...

I have Hausu but haven't watched it yet!! Can't wait though, have seen some amazing screenshots of it.

Vintage Hippo said...

I think that very bottom left photo of all that black/red fringy material would look amazing transformed into a lingerie set. What a fabulous post!

Ms.Paradise said...

striking, images, indeed. I love the intensity... almost alien.