Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Night Movie Night

 
So Nick and I were on the search for a REALLY funny film the other day and this one - The Jerk - kept popping up in a bunch of all time funniest films lists, so we thought we would give it a go. I can't help but feel a lot of this film is a kind of 'you had to be there' sort of thing. It is supposedly Steve Martin's break out role, but to be honest it I found it pretty awkward to watch. I did laugh a few times, but I much prefer him when he settled into himself a little bit. What was a great surprise was Bernadette Peters, who sports some truly amazing outfits and has THE BEST hair ever - totally makes us curly haired girls feel like we don't have it so bad.
 
Starring: Steve Martin, Bernadette Peters
Year: 1979
Director: Carl Reiner
Genre: Comedy
What it's about: An idiot who gets lucky
Awesome Outfit Rating: 7/10
Watch with: A Steve Martin fan
Watch if you like: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Three Amigos
Watch when: Only after you have watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and The Three Amigos
Eat: Caviar
Drink: Champagne
Good Movie/Bad Movie/Good Bad Movie: Good Movie

Gaby xoxo
 

 

2 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

I LOVE this movie. It's so funny and Bernadette Peters is so fabulous and, of course, Tonight You Belong to Me is one of my favourite parts.
-Andi x

Gaby - Hopeless Lingerie said...

I really wanted to like this more than I did! But I just think I am so familiar with a different kind of Steve Martin. My favourite bit was when he was when they are in bed and he is rambling, and he just keeps going and going and going....