Friday, June 1, 2012

Behind the Scenes


One of the best things about what I do is the chance to meet and work with wonderfully talented people, and today I got to do just that. Marianne of Esme and the Laneway and I have been talking for some time about working on a photo-shoot together, just for fun and for practice, and today was finally the day. We had some quite colourful references and wanted to combine lingerie and separates with a lot of accessories, with a very romantic and vintage feel. I did all the styling and Marianne took pictures (except for these behind the scenes ones which I took!) - and I cannot wait to share the final ones with you. I really wanted to polish up my styling skills, as I am usually so nervous about it, and when you are shooting a look-book you don't usually use pieces outside of your collection. So I was really grateful to having a willing and wonderful team to experiment with! Huge thanks to our beautiful model Shohan Marsh and excellent make-up artist Sharyn Mildren.

All the lingerie is Hopeless and everything else is vintage from Marianne's and my own collections. 

Gaby xoxo



8 comments:

Hannah said...

This is amazing, such wonderful looks, I adore heels and socks and that cape is beautiful, well done ;) xxx

Gaby - Hopeless Lingerie said...

Thanks so much Hannah!

xo

Michelle's Style File said...

Beautiful styling!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

gosh....

Vintage Hippo said...

I could not think of a more fantastic collaboration! These photos are spectacular!

sara said...

Shes so gorgeous!

ourdailydress said...

Love it all. Your pieces are so beautiful and the styling dreamy.

Miss Meadows said...

Gorgeous! Love the setting! Hope to see the edited photos soon! :) xox