Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Top 5 - by Loulou Androlia



This weeks Top 5 is brought to you by the lovely Loulou Androlia of Loulou Loves You. As well as being a fellow knicker maker Loulou is also an incredibly talented artist, and for her Top 5 this week she illustrated her Top 5 Disney films!

From Loulou:

In no particular order.  It's hard for me to put into words my love for all these movies because I watch each one regularly and love it as much or more than I did the previous time. I am also a verified Disney fanatic so really it should have been a top 100.

1. Escape To Witch Mountain (1975) - Two psychic/telepathic children with a black cat who get kidnapped by bad guys whilst following a map that will send them back home, via a spaceship. Everything about this movie gets me. I get it. If you like this then I feel like we are one step closer to being soul mates.

2. Mary Poppins (1964) -  Recently my 4 year old Goddaughter said 'Loulou is lovely just like Mary Poppins' - easily the greatest compliment I have ever received. I also strongly believe that the right people (eg Mary Poppins / Elliot the Dragon) will drop into your life just when you need them. The cast is perfect, so are the songs, and so are the penguins.

3. Alice in Wonderland (1951) - I think this story can speak to everyone, and this Disney version is my favourite, I will always be smiling wide eyed with wonder.

4. Bedknobs and Boomsticks (1971) - Apparently I started casting spells aged 3 and I only ever wanted to be a witch when I grew up. In many ways I stuck to my guns. I love the cartoon crossovers in a lot of the Disney movies and in this one I particularly love the animals in pajamas football match and the under the sea scenes. The songs in this are really spectacular.

5. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968) - There is no doubt in my mind that the childcatcher is one of the scariest villains in movie history. Vulgaria is a perfect name for a land and Truly Scrumptious a perfect name for a person.

Ta daa - If you haven't seen all of these, go and find them now!
One of the worst things I can think of is that people stop believing in love, possibility, synchronicity and magic.

Gaby & Loulou xoxo

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Disney movies are awesome :)

Janey said...

I really feel like many of these films don't get enough love. I grew up watching Bedknobs & Broomsticks as well as Escape to Witch Mountain nearly on repeat as a child (well, as close to repeat as you can with a VCR...eagerly awaiting that blasted rewind.) I so very badly wanted her purse. Adore the illustrations.