Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Night Movie Night

  
Welcome to another regular blog feature - Friday Night Movie Night! Now I am by no means a movie critic, but I do watch a lot of movies. I've shared a few 'Lingerie in Film' posts before, but I wanted to expand a little and share some of the other movies I love to watch - everything from horror to B-grade to action. I am more than happy to admit I also judge films largely on their visual appeal, so these posts will be light on text and heavy on screenshots.  Another point worth mentioning is that I enjoy films on many different levels, and there is nothing wrong with enjoying 'bad movies'. I can pretty much place all films I watch into three categories - Good Movie (The Shawshank Redemption), Bad Movie (Twilight) and Good Bad Movie (Evil Dead, clearly my favourite category). For the very first of these features here is an old favourite - Rock 'n' Roll High School. If you've seen it, loved it or hated it, leave a comment and let me know!

Starring: The Ramones, P.J. Soles
Year: 1979
Director: Alan Arkush
Genre: Comedy, musical 
What it's about: High school, dating, The Ramones, human sized rats.  
Awesome Outfit Rating:  10 out of 10
Watch with: Your best friends
Watch if you like: Airheads, Detroit Rock City, Wayne's World
Watch when: Slumber party
Eat: Pizza
Drink: Beer
Good Movie/Bad Movie/Good Bad Movie: Good Bad Movie


4 comments:

Jacques le Roux said...

This would be cool for a weekly feature.

Keep up the good work!

Andi B. Goode said...

I love this movie sooooooooo much! I adore all of the clothes and The Ramones and how silly it is. :D The 'I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend' scene is my favourite!
-Andi x

niki said...

this movie is absolutely in my top five! i dressed up as riff randall for halloween once. it was (not) a hit. not enough people have seen this movie!

bronny said...

I love this movie/riff randall/the ramones. perfect taste, as usual