Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Daisies 1966



Thanks to Tumblr I recently came across some stills of this film, and wow, what a treat. It is one of the most visually appealing things I have ever seen. Its quirky, cute, strange and everything in between. One of those films that spurs a million photo shoot ideas.

As everything goes in waves I am currently trying to break free from a wave of no creativity, into one of letting myself go and experiment and make some crazy things. I found myself recently missing being creative, and then remembered, duh, you run your own business, you can do what you want! I really have been so absorbed in sewing orders and other menial tasks involved in running your own business I forgot why I started this all in the first place! Anyway, I'm excited to make some things that have no purpose, that probably won't sell, that will take hours and hours to make and may or may not be beautiful, for the sake of exploring ideas, colour, form and texture. Don't get me wrong I am not abandoning sewing everyone's orders - just making sure I schedule in some time to let myself do my favourite things. Otherwise what's the point!

Would love to hear from other friends who run their own businesses - do you schedule in creative time? How do you keep things balanced?

Gaby xoxo

1 comment:

Andi B. Goode said...

Oh, I've wanted to see this movie for SO long now. Thanks for reminding me to go look for it. :)
-Andi x