Monday, July 11, 2011

Inspiration - Delicate and Grotesque


Making a concerted effort recently to be more creative, and not just wear myself out by only sewing orders - a huge part of the reason I am getting the next range made by someone else! The above is inspiration for a new project - or one part of it at least. I am excited to challenge myself by making some pieces that are much more about art than practicality. There are plenty of practical pieces in store at the moment and I am really missing making things that are more detailed. As usual I like to challenge myself by finding inspiration in both the beautiful and the macabre. 

All of the above images via Google Images and Tumblr. Forgive me for not being able to source properly, I have so many hundreds of images saved its impossible to remember where they all come from!

Gaby xoxo

10 comments:

Vintage Hippo said...

This is such a great inspiration set... You're so creative, I can't wait to see what it leads to!

Sophie said...

Wow amazing. I love some good juxtaposing!
adelaidelaundry.com

Hannah said...

Mummys and lingerie, I love your taste x

harbourmaster said...

That weaving with the little sparkly bits in the top right is amazing, very Tsar/boudoir. Love your inspiration pics, it takes a great creative mind to pair delicate embellishment with decomposing mummies.

rebecca said...

bizarrely beautiful!! good luck with your next collection (:

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Amber Blue Bird said...

creepy and yet beautiful.

Miss Woody said...

perfect images ! as always ;)

urbandon (Don Pezzano) said...

Now THAT is contrast. I look forward to seeing your creations.

Gaby and Jane said...

Thank you so much for all the comments, I am so excited about this project and its wonderful to hear other people might be interested in seeing what it leads to!

Gaby xo

AngeliqueDama said...

In love!Amazing pictures!:D