Sunday, March 13, 2011

New Hopeless Lingerie 'The Mirror'


Here it is! The new bridal range - 'The Mirror'. 

"The first of four seasonal ranges for 2011 - 'The Mirror' is an all white collection designed for honeymooning brides. Not to exclude the rest of us all pieces are also available in black. This range was inspired by the character Tony in Terry Gilliam's Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus. The duality of good and evil is explored in this film and this is picked up in the black trims and hints of something harder, combined with traditional romantic elements."

I have wanted to do a bridal range for so long - and this really speaks a lot about where I am as a designer right now. I have spent the past few years embracing frills and bows, but am yearning for something a little harder, and I think this collection really illustrates a movement to something a little different. This bridal range is very different to what I may have designed a year ago (probably would have been much more romantic), but still I hope I achieved a good contrast between where I have been and where I am going. 


Photos: Josie Lee
Model: Lulu Wagstaffe
MUAH: Jess Kramp

Gaby xoxo

4 comments:

Lola Devlin said...

Gorgeous Gaby!!!! Love what you have done, I am so proud of you!! You are inspirational to say the least. xx.L

The Diva's Polish said...

Absolutely stunning....

Hannah said...

So beautiful!

Vickie said...

they're beautiful :)