Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Creative Odyssey - Blog Hop

 
The amazing Jess of Epheriell Designs recently asked me to be part of a 'Blog Hop', where a group of bloggers share their creative dreams and goals for the coming year. Jess is one inspiring lady, she runs a successful Etsy store, a zine, a blog and various other projects and its always exciting to see what she is up to, so of course I was happy to be involved. 

Today my posting partner is Prim and Propah - so check out her blog to see her creative goals and dreams. So without further ado - here are mine!
The first two are much more dreams than actual goals, a lot would have to happen in order for these things to take place, but I can always dream! And the second two are of course more realistic

1. Move out of my home studio, into an actual studio. Obviously my orders would need to drastically increase for me to be able to afford two lots of rent, but my small apartment is just not suited to running this business from home!

2. Quit my ‘day job’. I am still working part time to cover my living expenses, and it would be an absolute dream if Hopeless was taking enough income to pay myself a wage.

3. Take more photos. I dare say this on a lot of peoples lists! But I have this awesome camera and I would really like to learn how to use it properly, and record more behind the scenes and general what I do everyday sort of stuff.

4. Draw. Paint. Cut and Paste. I used to spend a lot of time drawing and painting which I really enjoy, but it has really taken a back seat what with all the sewing I have to do now. I have planned to do some prints for the new range which I plan on drawing so I am really looking forward to making drawing more a part of my work. 

What are your creative goals and dreams for the new year?

Gaby xoxo

Other pictures unknown sources

18 comments:

sarah - dodeline design said...

Great post! I definitely share a few of your goals :-) We moved to a two bedroom apartment so I could have a workspace and it's been so nice. It would be nice one day to have a "for real" studio though!

Jane of JaneZworld said...

Great goals, 2011 looks like a rich field for you.

Happy Creating
Jane
http://janezworld.com/blog
'Life @ Numner 8'
(blogger log in hates me lol)

Angela Flicker said...

First off, your lingerie is fabulous! I was instantly drawn to your shop. I'll be telling my hubby about this for sure ;)

Second off, it's nice to meet you and read about your goals. They sound great! I too would love a larger studio, with less home distractions. Oh, and having my business make a living wage would be fabulous as well. I'm still working on that ;)

Good luck with the photography and the drawing/painting. Should be a fun year ;)

papier et encre said...

Great post, and wow, your pieces are amazing!

There's a great online photography school if you're looking for one: http://www.digital-photography-school.com/

Good luck with 2011, I'm sure it will all go your way. ;)

stephey Baker: Marked By The Muse said...

Love your goals and best of luck + much inspiration to you as you set out to make them come true! :)

Dannielle said...

Awesome goals Gaby!

I have been following your work for a long time now and I think that your goals will definitely become a reality. You make such beautiful things.


To have my business pay me a wage would be bliss!

Best wishes for 2011!

Gaby and Jane said...

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments!

Hurray for Jess bringing people together :)

Gaby xoxoo

Amber Blue Bird said...

these are great goals and I hope you are able to achieve it one! As for me I would also love to take more photos as well video. Cheers!

Jess said...

Gabs - you've done so well already - I can't wait to see you take over the lingerie world! :D xx

Amanda said...

These are great goals and I think it is important to have dreams. I love that you are going to design your own prints - that would be fabulous!

Amanda said...

I totally can appreciate your wanting more space (and I am sure a lot of other creative types would agree)... Great post and I am certainly joyful to have happened upon your lingerie. SO LOVELY.

AnastasiaC said...

great post Gaby
its always great to list your goals and dreams....inspiring!!

Brandi said...

I'd love to take more photos, too. But I'm so neurotic sometimes, waiting for the "right moment".

I hope business picks up so 2011 can be your "studio" year!

the blusher said...

I enjoyed reading this post, it's nice to know that other people have "day jobs" that they would like to give up if they could!!

Whskr & Dash Kitten said...

I enjoyed your post, it's nice to meet you! Re; Quitting the day job. Don't be so quick, unless you are happy working on your own. Remember its a balance of human interaction and peaceful contemplation that makes art work.

I have a studio space, oh boy do I wish I was tidy!!! Snippets of paper, glue, glaze, metal, tools,........

matchboxmuse said...

lovely post :) i share your goals to photograph more and also drawing/painting/making things. i feel like i'm in a bit of a rut now and this has been quite inspiring!

also i'd like to thank you for commenting on my blog post about your amazing lingerie!! i was very honored to have had you visit my blog :)

love, M

Tasha said...

Gaby I hope your business takes off and soars, so that you can achieve your goals for next year! Every success to you :-)
Cheers,
Tasha

Jess said...

Good luck in the upcoming year!! By the way, my husband took a look at your lingerie and was swooning... I have to make a purchase!!