Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Vintage Bras and Joshua Pestka - Photographer



Top photo by Joshua Pestka. See more of his work here.

Second lot of photos are some recent vintage lingerie purchases. I am looking at all sorts of different bras to try and get a better understanding of how they are put together, and how I can come up with interesting styles that don't make use of expensive machinery I don't have and materials that are hard to find. I would love to get my hands on some of the U shaped wire like the black style - though I have no idea where I would find such a thing, or if anyone even makes it anymore. So this is my little collection so far, I am excited for it to keep growing and for me to end up with a nice vintage lingerie library to refer to. Gaby xoxo

5 comments:

esme and the lane way said...

Gorgeous top photo, it kind of reminds me of Goldfrapp photos too (and not just the hair hehe)!

And those vintage bras look great. I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Toad Lillie said...

I got a great book from bramakerssupply.com that details pattern drafting and grading for bras. It's complicated! But having vintage pieces to refer to is a great start. Love your finds! That black strapless is a gem! xo

Miss Woody said...

gorgeous blog !

sueper said...

that underwear looks great

harbourmaster said...

Have you tried M Recht in collingwood or Jimmy Buttons in ...erm...where is Jimmy Buttons...around Fitzroy/possibly also in collingwood? They both stock bra wires and might have the shape you're looking for?