Friday, May 7, 2010

Texture & Evil Dead II

 
I am amidst more orders than I could ever imagine, and at the same time trying to squeeze in the new range for Hopeless. I am thinking about texture and fabric treatment more than I ever have before, and putting more detail into things. I am basing the next range on the Sam Raimi's Evil Dead and Evil Dead II. For my other ranges I really only worked with line. The shapes were taken from details of film stills, and the colour scheme too. This time around I want to try manipulating the fabric differently and using a few more colours too. I have finished over half of the patterns, but I think the interest is going to be in more embellishments and 3D texture. The above are some screenshots from Evil Dead II I am using to try and replicate texture with silk, chiffon and cotton. Gaby xoxo

4 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

This is possibly the best inspiration ever.
-Andi x

Petaliferous said...

wow, sounds intriguing, can't wait to see the result :)

Kathy St. Clair said...

What fabulous inspiration this is, can't wait to see the results!

Shirin said...

this sounds amazing... can't wait to see where you'll take it