Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Today's Ambitious List


Well I am on track so far - but only have 10 minutes for a shower and yoga! I have found myself with quite bad neck and shoulder pain as I spend so many hours hunched over a computer or sewing machine, so I am going to try and work 10 minutes of yoga in 3 times a day. Hopefully I won't be so stiff then. I try and write a list like this most days, to give me structure and something to come back to. Working solo is very difficult especially in regards to keeping motivation. I probably won't get everything on the list done today, and will probably waste more time than I would like on the computer, but if you don't aim high then you will never reach your goals. I don't always work so late into the night either, but I worked an extra day this week and so feel a little behind. I am also really excited about a new range for Hopelessly Devoted which has been a long time coming. That's what the swatches on top left are for - the lighting is terrible though, they are much prettier colours in real life.  I have it all planned I just have to make it all! I will try and take more pictures of my sewing in progress today too. Gaby xoxo

9 comments:

esme and the lane way said...

Ah I love making lists :) I should give mine times too. Looking forward to seeing the new line, too :)

ShirazandFrenchBlue said...

Great list you are so organized, you have inspired me to be more so, Thank you!

♥Lola said...

I love love to make lists :) I like to make mine for the day during breakfast. I hope the yoga helps, I've been going for walks in the afternoons to try and combat my computer neck/back.

Gaby and Jane said...

Have been pretty frantic since this morning, and have kind of managed to stay on track, but not completely - just as I predicted a few too many computer breaks!

Yay for lists!

Clare said...

This is making my uber lazy day today seem even worse. I am very impressed. What yoga do you do exactly? I would love to start up again.

MissMaggie said...

While I love when you post inspirational pictures (which I would never see elsewhere), I really really love this type of post. Its so interesting to see work in progress, and interesting to hear about your day to day work related things. Love it!

Gaby and Jane said...

Thanks Miss Maggie :) Its nice to hear when readers enjoy what I post!

Clare - I used to do yoga regularly many years ago and remember a few good poses, the main one I do though is Salute to the Sun - I believe it stretches every muscle in your body?!

Anyway it definitely feels great afterwards.

Gaby

herman and ivy said...

Love the list! I'm jealous of how organised you are. When I'm organised, I find I'm so much more inspired too!

Jo Duck said...

Love that inspirational board, what a great christmas card! xx