Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pom Poms



I have had the idea in my head for the longest time to make a Pom Pom headband. And then look who beat me to it! Sonia Rykiel March 2010. Ah well, I decided I am going to make some anyway, it's not like bows are the most innovative thing in the world. I made a big pink Pom Pom last night, and I can honestly say it was one of the most fun things I have done in a long time. (I don't get out much). It took me three hours and I did it while watching Survivor: Heroes Vs Villains, and I am all for things I can make in front of the TV. Sonia's are 3 times the size of mine, cannot even imagine how long they would have taken. 

Also, there are some pictures of knickers and other things in progress. I am really enjoying documenting all this sewing, hope whoever is reading this does too!

Lastly I am selling all of my old fabric in the Hopelessly Devoted Store to try and make some space for new things. I have at least 50 times what is there left to list. I will get there eventually. It feels good to be getting rid of things, some of it I have had for over 15 years and still haven't done anything with. Gaby xoxo

9 comments:

Bam Bam Creative said...

I enjoy seeing things being sewn, but I too do not get out much ;) pom pom looks perfectly fluffy! Can't wait to see the finished product xx

Kelsey Genna said...

ohh the pom poms- i bet they are going to be huge next winter!!

cuute! xx

Jen Jen said...

I love seeing the hopeless documentary shoots :) I always think "will the photos of the things I bought will be up" but when it's not I still get excited :)

Poms poms = awesome :)

xxx

Lulu said...

i still think pom-pom headbands are incredibly original! i also think you'll be able to execute them better than anyone else could, as you do with all of your other clothing and accessories!

and i'm so for doing things in front of the tv haha =P

Gaby and Jane said...

Thanks so much guys!

Hurray for PomPoms!

Treacle said...

Pompoms aren't my thing, but I quite like looking at the in progress pictures! :-)

rachel / Red Lips Vintage said...

i love the seeing the before and during photos! ever consider writing an undie tutorial?

also, will look into the fabric..i've been astonished at how expensive brand new fabric is! i'd love to make everything out of vintage fabric but don't know where i can get several yards at a time...

Online Tutor said...

Hi Gaby

Is the pink and white floral item knickers? If so, will you be selling them in your etsy/Big Cartel shop?

Amanda

Gaby and Jane said...

Rachel - I have thought about doing a tutorial but I don't think I would have the patience! And I am also scared to reveal my knicker making secrets hahaha ;p

Amanda - Yes the pink and white item is knickers! They are actually for a wholesale order, but I would like to do some more for the shop as part of a new range soon :)

Gaby