Monday, March 29, 2010

Earth Hour, A Playsuit and Lots of Silk


1. Earth Hour was last night and I made Nick and I take part and sit in the dark with *gasp* no computer or TV. We spent most of the hour discussing the point of it all (I am for, he was against, the gesture that is, not the environment!) and got into quite a heated debate, but at the end I decided I would really like to turn all the lights off and light candles more often as it really is very pretty. Obviously missing the true meaning but I don't think that hurts the cause!

2. Some silk roses I worked on this afternoon for a headband and some of my scribbles about measurements and things

3. Some blue things I am sewing

4. A play-suit I am working on for the new range. (I think that is The Corpse Bride in the background haha) Details need to be figured out but I am really happy with the progress so far.

5. Some of the things I have together so far for the new Hopelessly Devoted Range. Not all are in the right colours yet and I have a heap more ideas still coming, but I always feel a great sense of achievement when I lay everything out together like this!

Gaby xoxo

6 comments:

MissMaggie said...

Beautiful! I How do you make bows and roses so perfect?!

Gaby and Jane said...

Thank you! Lots and lots of practice!

Gaby

Jen Jen said...

ohhh is that mine??? oooo wweeee :)

Aww it all looks so ggod :) Can't wait to buy em :) xxxx

Karen @ Bobbins And Bombshells said...

Your blog and style is such an inspiration! I have a blog award for you!
http://bobbinsandbombshells.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-awards.html

xo Karen

rachel / Red Lips Vintage said...

i bought a pantie pattern yesterday!

IN BLOOM said...

I'm very interested by the method you use to make roses. Indeed try as i may, my roses are also horrible. Your blog and your creations are always amazing. Get well soon !