Monday, February 15, 2010

Back to work.

1. Alicia - Sea of Ghosts - wearing a Hopelessly Devoted Bow
2. Eagle on Grandma's Shelf. Straight-Jacket from a museum in Cardwell
3. Things in Grandma's house. Mission Beach. My mum during the 70s. 
4. Clock and Platter at Grandma's house.

After a short break I am back in full force this morning. Was the first true holiday I have had since I stared my business almost 2 years ago. Not sure if it was quite enough but I will keep powering on. My Nan is doing so much better thank goodness, and I took a tonne of pictures while I was at Grandma's house. (Grandma is Mum's Mum, Nan is Grandma's Mum, so that makes her my Great Grandmother, all a bit confusing but anyway Nan and I are quite close, and she has been quite unwell, so my trip was really to spend time with her.) Nan and Grandma live together in Far North Queensland and it was the rainy season, so it was pretty different to anything I have experienced before as I usually try and go there in June/July. So many bugs, so much rain I could not believe it. 

I have made a resolve to post more original content on my blog, instead of just copying and posting inspiration pictures. Despite my very old basic camera I am going to take more photos of work in progress and things like that. Also I need to stay away from the computer much more. I always find things to do online that distract from my number one priority of sewing, and not taking my computer away with me was such a relief. Even though I had 97 emails to go through when I got home, most of it was spam anyway, so I really need to break my habit of checking email every 10 minutes. I think 2-3 times a day should be enough. 

Gaby xoxo

10 comments:

Clare said...

Looking forward to seeing some of your personal photos and works in progress. You're grandmothers (and great grandmothers?) house looks amazing.

Gaby and Jane said...

Thanks Clare :) I have a heap more holiday photos on my Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30521899@N08/sets/72157623431535986/

I was tempted to post them all here too but thought it might be overkill haha

AnastasiaC said...

i love your blog - so much inspiration with every post...cant wait to see your pics too! id love to style my own photos too but i need more free time and
my camera sucks anyway (or maybe i have no idea how to operate it!)

Deb - Two Cheeky Monkeys said...

You always have such pretty blog posts! Glad you had a good time away. :)

Gaby and Jane said...

Thanks so much :)

my bat lightning heart said...

I know what you mean about restricting time online...I need to do that too. I always get distracted looking at pretty photos...like the ones you post!
Would be great to see some of your work on here!

nath said...

fabulous photographs. i think i will check out the rest on Flickr. the house looks like a treasure trove!

Gaby and Jane said...

Grandmas house is seriously amazing. Its been 10 years since I have been there - and now I really appreciate all her treasures!

planettreasures said...

Beautiful pics!
Your mum????!!!!

Gaby and Jane said...

I know! How amazing is she !