Monday, October 5, 2009

If only...




I took a forced rest day today, semi-begrudgingly, slightly obligingly. I watched Repo Man and Lady Snowblood, and spent a good few hours on the balcony drawing and admiring the beautiful book 'Pretty Things' by Liz Goldwyn. All about the original burlesque stars. The above pictures are the result of my "rest day". If only this was what my job really involved - sketching ideas and having a team of pattern makers and seamstresses to do my bidding. Alas those days are far far away, and tomorrow, I shall re-chain myself to the sewing machine. Gaby xoxo

9 comments:

Treacle said...

I love how you can take what you see in a photograph and transform it into design.

My favorites are the pleating on the "explode" sketch and that gorgeous high waisted panty on the "crimes" sketch.

Kelsey Genna said...

love that very last sketch..although more like a piece of art! amazing, you are so good at drawing! xx

AnastasiaC said...

gorgeous images!! lots of inspiration there

Deb - Two Cheeky Monkeys said...

I love the images you've posted and am so amazed at your beautiful sketches. I wish I could draw even half as well as you do!

Gaby and Jane said...

Thank you so much :)

Gaby xoxo

Super Kawaii Mama said...

Beautiful! I once attempted to wear something very much like the first sketch to the gym. (Just because I can)I was told it wasn't safe gym wear and asked to change! I think it was more that it wasn't safe for other people that may have fallen off the treadmill in a pure shock response at my ensemble. ;)

Gaby and Jane said...

Hahah thats fantastic! The gym is definitely a place that requires a good dose of glamour!! Good on you!

Weird Stuff said...

What wonderful images. It would be great to see some of those created.

jen said...

this collage is beautiful as are your drawings! mesmerizing. :)