Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ahhhhhh High Waisted


I always have mixed feelings when I see something I really love done by the massive designers. On one hand, it is so visually stunning and breathtaking, and obviously the lingerie details at Dolce & Gabbana are immediately appealing to me. But then there is this flip-side where I start imagining the fashion filter, over the next months, going down down down, all the way to Supre, to the bottom of the fashion barrel. Are my beloved high-waisted knickers slowly making their way to cheaply made-rip offs?

I am well aware I wasn't the first to make giant knickers, but seeing them here at Dolce & Gabbana, as beautiful as they are, kind of makes me a little sad. I know that's the way the fashion cycle goes, so I guess it just really pushes me into making designs that are weird and wonderful and that can't possibly be replicated by mass produced chain stores. I guess there is also jealousy, that they have just pulled off something so much better than anything I could do! Goodness what a pity party I have been over the past couple of days! I promise this will be it. I blame this cold entirely for my melancholic posting. Gaby xoxo

4 comments:

angelaseeangelablog said...

I loved that whole collection, but what i loved more was the finale, Natasha Poly is so gorgeous!

And i know that feeling, I was shopping the other day and saw a dress that looked like a dress I made a year ago, I was shattered!

XXASAB

Kelsey Genna said...

Oh Gaby, I so so know what you mean by that! ME too! Except however, I think your stuff is tens time more beautiful (those new blue and white panties are AMAZING) and handmade so way special. xxx

Gaby and Jane said...

I know the finale was by far the best bit!!

And thank you so much Kelsey :) Its all about the handmade revolution! At least we know they can never take that away from us!

Friend in Fashion said...

This is a gorgeous collection, however your designs are just as fabulous - bring on the sunshine! :)
x