Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sugar and Spice


I am really enjoying baking at the moment, making up recipes, and am finding that it is just as good a creative outlet as many of the other things I do. I love food, and I love cooking for other people too. It makes me really happy when other people enjoy what I have made! I think I am going to attempt macaroons this week. Quite scary but I will never learn if I don't give it a try. My current favourite thing to bake is pear, cherry and cinnamon muffins. Does anyone have any other delicious muffin ideas? Gaby xoxo

6 comments:

Deb said...

This is making me hungry! But, I do think I've found one solution to keeping my little girls occupied in their last week of holidays. Thanks!

soph (owl vs. dove) said...

Cute collage! It's making me want to go do some baking. I usually only ever tend to make apple & cinnamon or chocolate muffins (occasionally with white choc chips, yumm) - I'm not one for variation haha. Good luck with the macaroons!

Ange said...

so - how did the macaroons go?

TheFancyLadyGourmet said...

Apple sauce muffins they are out of this world . This recipe calls for a cream cheese icing but its really not needed they are perfect plain .
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/applesauce-muffins?lnc=5a79cf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD&rsc=cf_link

Also you should post how the macaroons went im still trying to master them

Vintage Sew and So said...

Raspberry & white chocolate are the current faves.

nath said...

now this is not a muffin - but it's so easy, it's my fail-safe cake..

make an all-in-one sponge (you can also substitute some ground almonds in place of a little of the flour too), with lashing of good vanilla essence and vanilla sugar too if you have it. then top it with seasonal fruit, i made it today with plums and apricots with a scattering of flaked almonds, but apples, pears, blueberries etc all work really well.

it's like a cakey-pudding and it's always a hit.