Monday, July 6, 2009

Pretty in Pink

I decided a couple of days ago that I am going to do a new Hopelessly Devoted range based on Pretty in Pink. It is easily one of my favourite films, I have seen it countless times, and it is filled with endless inspiration. So I am going to do some really comfy pieces to compliment Hopeless - which is much more for special occasions - and try and get my hands on some floral and lace too. Hopefully I will be able to use soy or bamboo jersey as the base for everything as I have finally found a great supplier. I kind of wanted to post all my sketches here, but then thought better of it. I am so excited to get this range together! Gaby xoxo

8 comments:

Every Little Counts said...

i always loved Iona's dress better... before Andy got her hands on it and made it into a shapeless pink blob. love duckie. love iona. i even love andy...but not the dress.

Chrisy said...

A classic movie this one! Looking forward to seeing the clothes that you come up with!

NeverEverEmma said...

I really agree with ELC. I loved Iona's dress, and though Andy gets snaps for effort, I think her dress pales in comparison to the original!

Gaby and Jane said...

Ionas dress is clearly A MILLION times better than what andie hacks it into!!! BUT thats the whole charm of Andie - I actually love both characters equally. Even if I would personally prefer Ionas wardrobe hahah :) (Bar the end when she turns 'normal'!)

Gaby

Ashe Mischief said...

So exciting! I actually featured Iona in my "Dramatis Personae" series-- her style is such an inspiration to me... just as vast, ecclectic and surreal as I wish mine were daily. (or would be if not in a dull job!)

Can't WAIT to see the new line, hon!

Clare said...

It's Clare from the breakfast club! I've never heard of this film, but now I have to watch it. It looks just my thing.

puglyfeet said...

Ditto! Loved this movie.

Joanna DeVoe said...

That would be spectacular! It is easily one of my faves too. Gives me that weird happy-sad feeling of nostalgia every time it comes on the tv.