Friday, June 12, 2009

Sketchbook




Well so much for my whole practice makes perfect, post a drawing every day challenge haha. Ah well, here are some pages from my sketch book over the past couple of months - maybe this is a better challenge than original illustrations? I mean they kind of still are - but I guess this is more of an insight into how I get my ranges together. I start of with one set of designs, and redraw and resketch a tonne of times, then start the patterns, then they change completely, and then I make the real samples. The original drawings are always so amazingly far from the end product. Gaby.

4 comments:

Denise @ Swelle said...

I love looking at fashion sketches - do you have any in colour?

Kelsey Genna said...

these are all really cute!

Gaby and Jane said...

I mostly only do ones like this to get ideas out, but occasionally do colour just to remind myself of my vision. There is no artistic shading of any sort though haha! I might try and do some more tho and post soon :)

Gaby

Treacle said...

On the last page, I like the sketch of the bodysuit with the bow on the rump. :-)