Monday, May 11, 2009

Julie Morstad





I love how so many of Julie Morstad's pieces have a sense of humour, while at the same time have this incredible detail. I really admire this kind of line work that is so expressive, yet somewhat naive as well. The refined use of colour adds to the quirkiness of these scenes, that look both new and old at the same time. Ha I sound like I am writing an art history essay. I guess after writing them for so many years that is just the way I look at things. I feel like I should be offering some sort of opinion or input instead of posting other peoples work. Maybe not though, I just really love sharing things I find inspiring. Hopefully there are a few people out there who enjoy it!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I just love your new banner, well done!

Gaby and Jane said...

Thank you! I love it too!! I tried to include a picture of all the things we love and blog about :) Gaby