Monday, March 16, 2009

Boys don't make passes......

I went to the optometrist this morning, it was awful. It used to be a lovely, spacious and beautifully fitted second floor office and it was such a pleasure to sit in the waiting room. It has since been bought out by specsavers and much to my disappointment it is now cluttered with messy office furniture and too many staff trying to rush too many people through, not taking the time to explain what is going on, trying to sell you the weekly deal. This just reinforces my dislike for 'the man', and confirms my love and passion for small business, quality, and top notch customer service. I won't be going back there.

3 comments:

Penny said...

I just had a horrific experience with OPSM where it took them seriously 3 tries to get the lenses in my specs right... argh! 5trips to their shop later and FINALLY ihave new glasses.

And also, what is with the frames at the moment? I just wanted basic thin metal frames, but they're not available at the moment because all the designers are making diamonte frames or ones the size of the moon, or ones with little spinning wheels on the side, or just generally ugly ones. Who buys ugly glasses? Who?

Phew. I must have some issues with OPSM still.

vanilla pixie (Carley) said...

Agree!! My optometrist is a small, locally-owned business & they are fab. It's always so much nicer than mass-produced, churn-em-out big business

Gaby and Jane said...

I just wanted new lenses for my glasses I love that I have had for 2 years, but they were expensive and I am perfectly happy with them. They tried to sell me this 2 for one deal, and then they said it would be a week to pick up!! What am I meant to do for a week!! Be blind??!! Lucky I have prescription sunglasses - now I will just look stupid wearing sunglasses 24/7.